The terms below shall mean the following in this privacy statement, unless explicitly stated otherwise:
The current privacy statement.
The natural person whose personal data are being processed and whom these personal data involve.
Any data and information that might identify the user and/or which could be linked to him.
Van der Knaap holding and all affiliated group entities within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (hereafter: GDPR), processing users’ personal data and determining the purpose and means used in doing as such (hereafter also referred to as: Van der Knaap).
EU Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council dated April 27th, 2016 regarding the protection of natural persons in relation to the processing of personal data and the free movement of these data as well as the withdrawal of Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
All acts or series of acts performed involving the personal data or a set of personal data, such as collecting, laying down, sorting, structuring, saving, updating, altering, requesting, consulting, using, transferring, distributing or making available otherwise, aligning or combining, protecting, deleting or destroying personal data.
In this privacy statement, Van der Knaap explains how it is dealing with the personal data of the users. Any of these data or information which users might share with Van der Knaap, will be stored carefully and confidentially at all times.
This privacy statement applies to all processing of personal data of entities that belong to Van der Knaap holding.
2. Party responsible
The party responsible for processing users’ personal data is Van der Knaap holding and all entities affiliated with this group and which fall under the scope of the GDPR.
Van der Knaap is headquartered on Bovendijk 50, 2295 RZ in Kwintsheul (PO Box 136, 2290 AC Wateringen), the Netherlands.
Van der Knaap holding consists of different entities established in the Netherlands. Van der Knaap group includes the following Dutch entities: P. en R. Holding B.V., Holland Potgrond B.V., Holland Potgrond Limburg B.V., Van der Knaap-Interterra B.V., P en R. Trade B.V., Van der Knaap Diensten B.V., Van der Knaap-Retail B.V., Potgrondverwerking Van der Knaap Beheer B.V., Van der Knaap-Braam B.V., Forteco B.V., Van der Knaap-van Egmond B.V., Van der Knaap Organic Systems B.V., Van der Knaap Organic Fertilisers B.V., Forteco Services B.V., Forteco Organic Systems VOF, Forteco Organic Fertilisers VOF, Natural Start B.V. and P. en R. International B.V.
In addition to these Dutch group entities, Van der Knaap group has several entities established outside the Netherlands. The following foreign entities are responsible for processing users’ personal data and are subject to the GDPR: Van der Knaap Substrates OÜ., Van der Knaap Eesti OÜ., Growrite Substrates (India) PVT Ltd. and Growrite DR SRL.
3. Personal data
Van der Knaap processes the following personal data: first name and surname, sex, address, postal code, city, email address, telephone number, customer number, bank account number, payment terms, purchasing history, complaints registration and any other personal data that can be relevant when processing orders.
4. Purposes of processing personal data
Van der Knaap is processing personal data only for the purposes described below and for which users have provided Van der Knaap with their personal data:
- If the user requests Van der Knaap to provide information about products and services, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data to meet this request and present an appropriate offer.
- If the user places an order or gives an instruction, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data to prepare the order and/or perform the task;
- If the user places an order or gives an instruction, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data to process the financial transactions;
- If the user signs an agreement with Van der Knaap, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data to draw up and execute the agreement entered into;
- If the user has signed up to the newsletter, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data to send out the newsletter;
- If the user is complaining about Van der Knaap’s products and/or services, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data to handle the complaint;
- If the user applies for a job at Van der Knaap, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data for the selection and job application process;
- If the user has provided personal data to sign up for and/or within the framework of a workshop, seminar, informative sessions, meeting, guided tour on site, fair or any other (commercial) activities, Van der Knaap shall use these personal data to organise these activities, for instance to send out the invitations, information about the activity in question and/or provide relevant documents.
5. Legal grounds for processing personal data
Van der Knaap is processing personal databased on the following legal grounds:
- The user has explicitly given consent to has his personal data processed.
- Personal data must be processed in order to execute an agreement between Van der Knaap and the user.
- Processing is necessary in order to meet statutory requirements.
- Processing is necessary to protect users’ interests.
- Processing is necessary in representing the legitimate interest.
6. Transfer to third parties
Van der Knaap shall not lend out, rent out, sell nor transfer users’ personal data to third parties or disclose these personal data in any manner.
Van der Knaap shall not transfer users’ personal data to third parties, unless:
- Personal data are transferred to an employee engaged by Van der Knaap for the purposes stated in this privacy statement, with whom an agreement has been signed to ensure that the processor provides adequate assurances as to the technical and organisational safety measures regarding the processing steps; or
- Pursuant to the statutory requirement, Van der Knaap is obliged to transfer personal data to the competent authorities.
7. Retention periodsVan der Knaap shall not retain users’ personal data any longer than absolutely necessary, unless Van der Knaap is obliged to retain personal data for a longer period of time pursuant to a statutory provision.
Personal data will be removed once it is no longer necessary to retain the personal data.
8. Privacy rights
Users have the right to inspect, improve, transfer, correct, supplement, remove and protect their personal data. In addition, they have the right to be forgotten.
Users have the right to be informed about, restriction of, and to object to the processing of personal data.
If users wish to use one of their rights, they may contact Van der Knaap by the email email@example.com or by telephone: +31 174 296606.
Written requests should be sent to:
Van der Knaap Diensten B.V.
2295 RZ Kwintsheul
Van der Knaap shall process and handle users’ requests referred to above within one month of receipt.
Users may at all times submit complaints to the Personal Data Protection Authority about how their personal data are being used and processed.
Users may sign up to the newsletter using a written registration form, through the website or they may send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The newsletter serves to keep users abreast of the latest developments and innovations regarding Van der Knaap’s products and services.
All newsletters will be send by email.
Users may unsubscribe to the newsletters at all times, using the hyperlink provided underneath each newsletter, or they may send an email message to email@example.com. In this case the user will not receive any more newsletters.
In case users might have any other questions about the newsletter they can send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While visiting the website, Van der Knaap shall place cookies in order to collect personal data and information about those using it.
Van der Knaap uses only functional and analytical cookies.
Any personal data and information collected by Van der Knaap by means of cookies shall be used only for functional and analytical purposes. In collecting statistics Van der Knaap is using the program known as Google Analytics.
Van der Knaap’s cookies collect the following personal data and information:
- Surf and click behaviour;
- The number of visits;
- Referrer (the source from which the user is accessing the website);
- Type of browser that is being used;
- What time and for how long the user has been on the website;
- Which website pages the user has seen;
- The country from which the user is visiting the website.
Van der Knaap is using the collected information to:
- Have a better understanding of the number and type of visitors;
- Segment visitors in order to map the differences between those generating conversion and those who do not;
- To analyse how users are using the website, to optimise and improve this website;
- To refine and optimise ad campaign strategies.
In case users object to cookies, they may change their browser settings at all times.
Van der Knaap has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect users’ personal data against loss, unlawful processing, destruction and/or damage.
12. Privacy statement update
Van der Knaap reserves the right to update this privacy statement. Each and every update shall be announced on this page.
Van der Knaap kindly advises users to visit this page on a regular basis to see if any changes have been made. The latest privacy statement was updated on May 24th, 2018.
If you might have any questions and for all other issues relating to this Privacy Statement, you may contact Van der Knaap at email@example.com or by telephone number +31 174 296606.
> Download the PDF file of our Privacy Statement here.